The stethoscope is one of the most important tools found in the kit of any medical professional and it is used in many life and death situations. Since you will be listening, it needs to be of decent acoustic quality and should be reliable and accurate when it comes to the findings that it presents when it is used.
We have decided to find the top 7 stethoscopes for medical and professional use and show you exactly how these products could help you save lives and how they could be used in the comfort of your own home. Since they are quite intricate when looking at the technology that has been incorporated, we have set up a thoroughly researched guide for any buyer that should enable you to see which features are the most important before purchasing one that you might not like in the end.
Key Features to Consider When Purchasing A Stethoscope:
As we have already mentioned, the stethoscope is rather interesting and intricate and there are a few important features that you should know about before purchasing one for yourself or for professional use. Here are the most important that you will need to look for to determine the quality and the value of your new stethoscope:
- Earbuds: Since they will essentially be plugged into your ears, you will need to have comfortable earbuds. If the earbuds are not comfortable, the stethoscope might not be ideal and you might miss some important acoustic sounds that could potentially mean the difference between life and death situations.
- Weight: Yes, as a medical professional or EMT unit, you will be carrying these stethoscopes around for extended periods and no one wants to have a heavy weight hanging down there necks. The stethoscope should be lightweight and easy to carry for any individual without a strong neck.
- Acoustic Qualities: We always recommend looking for the best possible acoustic qualities as this will ensure a better result when using it. However, this will also increase the overall price, but it will be worth it in the end if you are saving someone’s life from potential death.
- Type: There are multiple different stethoscopes available on the market today and they do not all focus on the same part of the body. We have chosen a couple of the most common stethoscopes that you might consider looking into if you are buying a stethoscope for an important reason.
- Acoustic: The acoustic stethoscope is designed to give you the results by ear and you will need to listen very closely. It is one of the most affordable designs and has been relied on for many years.
- Electronic: The electronic stethoscope is a little more advanced and it includes an electronic reading that will show you if something is not as it should be. These stethoscopes are a little more expensive, but also more accurate.
- Fetal: The Fetal stethoscope is what you will find in many gynaecologist offices and it is used to listen to the baby before it has been born. They can also be purchased for home use if you are pregnant.
- Cardiology: The cardiology stethoscope is designed to focus specifically on the heart and since the normal stethoscope does not make it easy to pick up on different noises and beats, this one should allow you to do just that and it could even help you detect cardiac arrest.
- Pediatric: This stethoscope is designed to focus specifically on the lungs and since many fatalities have something to do with the lungs or breathing, a pediatric stethoscope is definitely necessary for any EMT.
Top 7 Stethoscopes Available On The Market Today:
Now that you have a better understanding of the features and which of them is the most important, we have decided to help you choose the correct one as well. After testing multiple stethoscopes, we have come across the top 7 that should offer you great value for your money and detect those problems with ease.
First, on our list, we have the 3M Littmann Lightweight II S.E. Stethoscope and this lightweight stethoscope comes in a lilac color that will add that extra edge. It features a teardrop shape that means it will easily fit nearly anywhere on the body without causing discomfort and the anatomically designed headset makes it perfect for your ears.
The tunable diaphragm will respond to any changes in blood pressure and you will be the first to know. It has been reasonably priced and we would definitely recommend it to all EMT services and professionals looking for a new stethoscope.
The 3M Littmann Classic III Stethoscope features a more classic design that should be perfect for individuals looking for something more basic. However, it is far from basic and features a two-sided chest piece for adult and pediatric use. It features next-generation tubing that is much more durable and will last significantly longer than the predecessor will.
It is available in multiple different styles and colours, but overall, it is also quite lightweight and easy to carry along. Unfortunately, it is quite expensive, but we would recommend it for the simplicity and the versatility offered in the design.
While designed for cardiology purposes, the 3M Littmann Cardiology III Stethoscope is designed with versatility in mind. It features a dual-sided chest piece for pediatric use as well and this will offer great versatility. The tube features a two-in-one design and this will eliminate the noise interference found in many stethoscopes with two external tubes.
Additionally, it has an anatomically designed headpiece, making it easy to use and soft on the ears if you need to use it for extended periods. However, it is one of the most expensive versions on the market today but remains lightweight and extremely durable. This one is highly recommended for professional use.
Next, we have the ADC Adscope 615 Platinum Professional Clinician Stethoscope and this one has been clinically tested and designed for professional use. The great thing about it is that you are able to adjust the frequency to your liking and remove any bad distortion. The oversized chest piece can be both good and bad, but it ensures great accuracy when used.
It includes soft Adsoft earbuds and this will be comfortable and fit snug in your ears if they are worn all day. We would definitely recommend it to EMT’s and it does not command such an expensive price as many of the others.
The 3M Littmann Select Stethoscope is an affordable and multifunctional stethoscope designed for listening to the heart, lungs, and the blood pressure of an individual. It can capture both high and low-frequency noises with the tunable diaphragm and the latex-free design makes it perfect for allergic patients.
It features a small chest piece that will fit anywhere and since it is not at all expensive, it can be bought for your home as well. We would definitely recommend this multifunctional stethoscope for home use and for EMT’s.
The MDF MD One Stainless Steel Premium Dual Head Stethoscope is a handcrafted all black stethoscope that will not only do the job but also look stylish at the same time. It is made from 100% stainless steel materials for added durability. You will also receive three different ear tips of different sizes to accommodate anyone using it.
Finally, the SafetyLock on the ear tip will help prevent any damage done to the eardrums and help eliminate the external noises. It has been reasonably priced and we would recommend it for the style and the overall design.
Last but certainly not least, we have the 3M Littmann 2141 Master Classic II Stethoscope and this award-winning stethoscope is designed with great ingenuity and ergonomically perfect. It is made from latex-free materials for allergic patients and the headset has been specifically designed to meet the path of the ear canal.
A tunable diaphragm adjusts to the frequency and makes it ideal for both high and low frequency. Nevertheless, it is quite expensive and will give you some clear and accurate results. Therefore, we would definitely recommend it for professional use.
Choosing the best stethoscope for EMT’s is not the easiest of tasks, but these will definitely give you great value for your money. We would like to recommend all of them for the value and the great features. Additionally, we would also like to encourage you to share your thoughts on these stethoscopes and let us know in the comment section if you have any other stethoscopes that you think we might have missed that should also be on this list.